Targets is a minigame added in ALPHA stage. The minigame starts by teleporting all the players in a shooting range with a Target Pistol. Their objective is to hit 4 targets in time. If the player hits 4 targets, they'll lose their Target Pistol and win the game. The target also moves between 3 positions every couple of seconds. Players are also not able to jump in this minigame.
There is also a variant of this minigame where you must shoot the colour target. The colours can be blue, red, green or yellow.
Another minigame that is similar to this is Shoot the Gift.
- If you click fast enough, you can shoot more then one bullet at once.
- As of 0.8.5, you are able to shoot through players; making the minigame much easier to play.
- The song is the Title theme for WarioWare: Smooth Moves.
- Originally, the minigame required you to hit 6 targets.
- The map used to be a field with a textured fence, and some bricks far away from the players.
- On the old map, you were able to jump during this minigame.
- However, the fence had clipping.
- It is possible to get out of the map by taunting once, then jumping to avoid the trigger that teleports you back to the map.
- However, this jump glitch doesn't apply to tr_target.
- The shooting range map visuals have been updated 3 times.
- Originally in the old map, the guns nearby were solid, allowing players to get in the area with targets. This was fixed a few minutes later after it was found.
- The tr_target map is a remake of a map in Team Fortress 2 with the same name.
- This map is playable if you choose to go through the training mode.
- Greeism's name is spelt incorrectly ingame; as the label in tr_target reads "Map by Greenism".
- Both the Shooting Range and tr_target has the Glitching Goose easter egg.
- To access the Shooting Range easter egg, taunt once, then jump (while avoiding the teleport trigger) and go into the back of the wall, as the room behind the wall's ceiling is non-CanCollide.
- To find the tr_target easter egg, enter the right blast door (as it is also non-CanCollide), walk all the way down the corridor until you find a slightly open blast door; the easter egg is is on the left of the open blast door.